Can you help me create a wonderful name for my new art installation?
This current work in progress is a fiber and metals, hand-crocheted Tropical Butterfly Garden that will be completed in March/April 2015 on site in Australia. The installation is meant to be a quiet gathering space for small groups of all ages, for a stitch group to chat, and for children to touch the butterflies.
This piece needs a better name, Tropical Butterfly Garden feels too generic. I’ve been calling it a garden but it really isn’t. It will be a rainforest of wire & fibre hand-cocheted butterflies in each of their life cycle stages. To re-create the gorgeous colors found in the butterflies, flowers and plants of the rainforest, much of the fibre has been special ordered from an independent yarn dyer in Australia.
– Fiber Flutterbys
– Butterfly Dreamscape
– Chaos Theory – Calm from Chaos
– The idea of playing on chaos theory to describe a calm butterfly place.
– Butterfly Rainforest
– Butterfly Stitchery
I’m looking for a rockin’ name that peaks one’s curiosity to learn more about this piece. An name that will be easy to document via Instagram, Twitter and through this blog. In other words, a name with more energy than just #butterfly
The small print:
1. In exchange for providing the creative name for my project I offer one of my colored copper wire and fibre hand-crocheted flowers as a gift. It’s widest dimension is 18cm (approx 7″)
2. If the same name is entered by more than more than one person, the first entry to arrive according to the website’s time/date will be the entry included in the contest.
3. I may choose none as the title for my project, but will choose the entry that inspires me to create my own title or the one I feel was the closest unique possibility.
4. My choice is wholly subjective. Multiple entries are welcome :)
5. I will be accepting entries through Midnight Pacific Time, Monday, October 20 via the following accounts:
Comment Section at the bottom of this artist’s blog post
Or through email: studiodeanna (at) me (dot) com
Thank you so much in advance for everyone’s creative name suggestions for my Tropical Butterfly project.