I just sent one of my wire crocheted flowers to be shown at the Kana Art Festival & Exhibition this weekend in Gunma, Japan. This is a free event open to anyone interested in escaping the crowded city for a beautiful weekend in a lovely mountain town. Some of my fellow artists will also have work at the Festival Exhibition such as Lori Ono.
Shiro Oni Studio is hosting the Kana Art Festival & Exhibition with details and directions on their website:
Date: September 27-28 – 2014
Time: 10am- 8pm
Place: Onishi 108-2
We’re holding an art festival on September 27 (sat) and 28 (sun) in celebration of Chiaki Horikoshi’s recent lifetime achievement award from the King of Spain for his cultural contributions between Spain and Japan. The Spanish ambassador to Japan will present the medal to Mr. Horikoshi on the 28th at 4pm.
Experience a great combination of Spanish and Japanese Events:
- Flamenco and cante X Onishi festival music
- Spanish Piella X Tochanage stew
- Spanish Wine X Local Japanese sake
- Kjell Hahn’s tearoom X Chiaki Horikoshi’s tearoom
- Artwork from area artists and Shiro Oni Studio artists from over 10 countries
- and its all free.